So what, you may ask, is the picture above doing in my birthday post? Well, Monday, I decided that the present I would give myself for my birthday would be to finish a project I started in May--brickwork between my lawn and my garden. It took most of the day, but it is done. So the celebration continued.
Then on my real day, Wayne took some time off (the TIME was the real gift) and we went to the temple, out to dinner, shopping, talking and out for ice cream. I came home to find seven birthday messages on my answering machine. Thank you, everyone. Wednesday, I received a package from Georgia with pictures from my granddaughters, an ornament from Savannah and peanut brittle from Plains, Georgia. Greg called to say that people down there thought I would be real happy to get something from former President Jimmy Carter's home town. ;) Ironically, I also received a long letter from President Barak Obama the same day asking me to help out by contributing to the DNC. Apparently it was sent to the wrong house. Here's my stash: (Check out the Y scarf and the Sudoku book and the cards hand-crafted by Brenda.)
Thursday we continued the celebration at Mom and Dad's house at lunch when my seester brought lunch and birthday cookies and candles. Check this out!Thanks to everyone who helped to make my day (week) special!




I love the bricks... they look so great! Way to go, mom! And the candles in the cookies was a great idea!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, you seem to be taking a lot of pictures of your mother lately...
Hmmmm.... I think I know why.
Happy Birthday! I love your yard!
ReplyDeleteHooray for a week-long birthday! Happy, happy birthday Suz! Love the bricks too!
ReplyDelete