So now that we have little people in the house, I have become a different person. I must admit that sometimes I hide in the bathroom.
Mama is gone for a few days and I have become the gramma-mama.
I have begun to ponder the answers to life's mysteries.
How does a 3 year old completely cover 1/4 of an island counter with crayon in less than three minutes?
When you tell a three year old "no," how long will it be before he does the same thing again?
How many times do you have to tell a three year old not to get out of bed and turn on the light before he actually stops getting out of bed and turning on the light?
How does such a small body put that much poop in the toilet?
How many times can a two year old say "NO" in a day?
How many things can a two year old get into in twenty minutes?
Will we ever find the things that the two year old has found and moved?
How does a two or three year old get out of his/her clothes so fast when it took forever to get them on?
If I clean up the (you name the place), how long can I expect it to stay that way?
Where do two and three year olds learn how to push an adult's buttons? Does this ability just come with them?
Where do two and three year olds learn how to give outrageous smiles and hugs? Does this ability just come with them?
I think I knew the answers to these questions once, but I have obviously forgotten them.
If anyone can tell me, please let me know.
You know you're in trouble when you stop asking questions in the bathroom, and look at is as a chance to take a nap. :-)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear things are tough around there. At least you still have the bathroom to go to. Hang in there mom, sorry we can't come to the rescue and babysit for a while.
ReplyDeleteGreg
Wow...you are a wonderful grandma! I hide in my bathroom sometimes too.
ReplyDeleteNo answers, just lots of chuckles and nodding of the head. I KNOW we used to know how to handle these things, but once we were finished with the process, we forgot. Interesting that we have to occasionally dig up the process and remember what we always knew. That sounds terribly complicated, I suppose. It's not, though, and I'm sure you are carrying on magically!
ReplyDeleteWow! Mom! You had 5 kids! I thought you would remember that consistent corporal punishment always ends bad behavior when used appropriately. (except when used on Mike's hiney).
ReplyDeleteTry decreasing patience by 20% and increase intolerance by 20%. Tell them what you told us when we were kids... they'll be sorry when Dad (grandpa) gets home!