Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Our creative 5 year old--Miss R.

Miss R drew this donkey on my white board several months ago.
 Today, Miss R. came home from kindergarten and when I asked her what she did in class, she said that they only glued some apples on a picture of a tree.  That didn't seem all that exciting to her.

A bit later I was cutting the handles off a sack and she asked me if she could have the handles to "do a craft." "I like to do crafts, Grandma," she said.  I gave her the handles and then she asked for a "hole puncher"  and some "tape you can see through."  She clearly had a plan.  She went and got some paper and punched three holes in it and taped the handles through the holes.  She then drew something brown in the middle of the paper and asked me what I thought it was.  I said, "It looks kinda like a mustache."  "That's what it is!" she said.  "The sack handles are his hair."  She then drew eyes.  Over the next 45 minutes, she got more paper, cut it into shapes and colored it with red marker and then taped it together.  Then she gave "him" a name.

MEET "FRED"
Fred is almost 3 feet tall, has separate fingers (she cut along the lines) and is wearing flip-flops.

Who needs TV and video games!

1 comment: